Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: You Are Too Kind

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by...me!!


It's a little nerve-wracking to put a sketch out there and hope that people like it enough to play along. But at the same time, it's very fun to see what you all do with it.  I hope you enjoy it.

I very carefully added the "any shapes" phrase to the sketch because I knew that I wanted to use butterflies - specifically the new Watercolor Wings from Stampin' Up.

FMS Too Kind

Be sure to check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team.  Just pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog.  And then I hope to see you play along!

SUPPLY LIST

I did use three retired Stampin' Up inks: Peach Parfait (with Pumpkin Pie for the orange butterfly), Coastal Cabana (with Pool Party for the blue butterfly), and Going Gray for the butterflies.  Also, you'll see that I used Papertrey's Smokey Shadow for the dark gray - I think a dark gray is the one thing that is missing from the Stampin' Up color line-up.  My Basic Gray ink is dark - but the paper isn't - so I tend to regularly bring out Smokey Shadow.


12 comments:

  1. It's a terrific sketch Kim and your card is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sketch is such fun! Love seeing all the variables! And your butterflies are beautiful.......the colors you paired work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving these butterflies! The colors are fab and I love that the one is cut out and popped up! Thanks for the great sketch this week. Love seeing all the interpretations on the "circles!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch and it's wonderful seeing all the different ways the DT interpreted it. The gallery will be a good one this week! Your card is so pretty - love those butterflies and the colors work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love those colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim - I just love your sketch! I think I will use it over and over again! Your butterfly card is gorgeous! What a fun stamp set! I also enjoyed reading your explanation about flikr and the recent changes on the post below. Thanks for sharing! :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kim and thank you for this fun sketch to play with this week, I love the way it's being interpreted on the gallery.
    Your card is made with one of my all time favorite sets, it's on my wish list for next month, (among other things, tee hee!!) I love how you stamped the butterflies on the side and then popped one in the middle, very striking.
    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card and for creating this fun, fun sketch.
    Hugs.

    Maria Rodriguez.

    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Sketch,Kim,and so is your card!! Great colors and i love the stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your butterflies are so great for this sketch! I just love the colors too. Thanks so much for great inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kim! I love those butterflies and the fabulous colours! Thanks for a great sketch! Loved all those circles!!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just lovely Kim! Those butterflies are so pretty in the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sketch is fabulous; your card, gorgeous! I would have played along, but we were on our 'cross Canada' (or more appropriately, 'cross USA') trip! Still, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the lovely cards in the gallery, inspired by you!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!