Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Soft Scarf Reminder

This is my second post today.
Freshly Made Sketches is just a post away!

Just a reminder that there is still time to play along with the ;Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Soft Scarf.  One random winner will receive SIX clear stamp sets from our sponsor, Hero Arts, so it is most definitely worth your time to play along!!!





I was inspired by the colors in this scarf.  The design team received two free stamp sets from Hero Arts and one of mine was Yay! which I requested because I have two teenage boys to whom I often need to say "Yay".  I also used the set Notebook Essentials for the checkbox.

HIp Hip Hooray

My deep dark secret on this card is that the actual card doesn't have any pink!!!  I do use Photoshop Elements to aid my photography skills.  Generally, I just use Levels and Brightness (and maybe Lighten Shadows and Sharpen) to brighten up my card.  But while I was making this card, I knew that I couldn't use pink for my boys - so I made it red - and then changed the color in Photoshop. Sorry for the deception!  (On my original card for this challenge, I did actually use pink so I plucked the pink from that card and used it on this card.)

SUPPLY LIST

The real life card used Neon Red for the checkmark and the star.  The photo-shopped card that you are seeing used Ultra Pink!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome card Kim. Love the fun design and the way you used the colors. Perfect for a cool dude. Great tip about the color. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Kim! I love the colors AND your tip about changing them is very savvy. A great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Kim, wonderful message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Kim! Photoshopped and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a single sequin to be seen! Are you feeling ok, Kim??? Loving the simplicity. Great stamp set for male cards! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous congrats card! And so beautifully CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That you're your (??) sons' #1 cheerleader always makes me smile; they're so fortunate to have you noting their accomplishments, boosting their spirits, soothing their worries, lifting their confidence. Your 'applause' card here is yet more evidence of how deeply you love them. Fabulous; the big 'red' checkmark is awesome...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!