Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Burlap Banner

This is my second post today.
Freshly Made Sketches is just a post away!

It's time for a new challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Burlap Banner!


We have a new sponsor, The Twinery, for the Curtain Call Inspiration: Burlap Banner!  A randomly selected participant in the Burlap Banner challenge will receive a fabulous bundle from The Twinery, while the LEAD will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!



I definitely love twine - it is such a light look for a clean and simple card.  There is solid twine and striped twine - I tend toward the solid, but there are just some cards that cry out for the fun of the stripe!

Happy Happy Happy

I have used three colors of twine from The Twinery: Cappucino, Caribbean and Mandarin. They are perfect matches for the Stampin' Up colors that I used on my card: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay and Tangerine Tango! I am a math geek at heart, and an organization freak and I love spreadsheets - so it shouldn't surprise you that every twine that I own is in a spreadsheet listed with an ink color that matches.  I also have spreadsheets for ribbons and Stampin' Up designer paper and buttons and more.  I'd say that even I worry about myself sometimes, but it really does speed up the card making process when you can do a quick look up and find matching embellies (at least if you are as matchy-matchy as I am!)
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Bitty Banners and Birthday Greetings
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Versamark
  • Accessories: The Twinery Striped Twine in Cappucino, Caribbean and Mandarin, My Favorite Things Bitty Banners dies, Hero Arts white embossing powder

The Twinery Designers, our Guest Designer and the Curtain Call Crew have lots of additional inspiration for you today!  Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs!

Burlap Banner Designers

11 comments:

  1. Such a fun card Kim. Love the banner pieces and how you strung them... awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the banners and twine! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout of your card, Kim, with most of the activity on the right hand side. And such fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great twine choices!! Love the festive feeling with the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card I love that Tangerine tango and Bermuda bay together <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome banners Kim, fabulous use of the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card and a woman after my own heart. I couldn't live without my stamping spreadsheets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just amazing. I love the simplicity of your design. The colorful twine just pops against the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Math geek, organization freak? You forgot Designer Extraordinaire! The twine, the banners, the colours: happy, happy, happy!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow way to rock the banners :) Love the twines too !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!