Monday, July 9, 2012

It's New Release Day at Sweet 'n Sassy!!

It's the most wonderful time of the month...new release day at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!!!

This month's new release is what I love about Sweet 'n Sassy...there is a mix of classic, Christian and fun.  I got a little of both in my package to preview!!

The first stamp set is a classic Christian set.  Although you don't see the stamp on the outside of my card - the sentiment that inspired this card is the verse from the hymn "It Is Well"...When peace like a river attendeth my way..."


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps


The bridge is silver embossed with a few tiny sparkles for the feeling of the sun shining on the water.  Such a classic and so very peaceful image!

Then for my second card, I stretched my comfort zone...can you hear me taking a big leap???  I already had my stash of embossing powders out and when I am embossing I try to do a number of cards because no matter how hard that I try I MAKE A MESS!!  I have to strip everything off my desk and scrub in every nook and cranny - so I might as well make it worth the time.

I also just got a very unique Washi tape - it's almost neon.

I put it all together for this...


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps


Doesn't that image work perfectly with all the gold and neon???  It's such a sweet and simple image, it can be used in so many ways.  Sweet 'n Sassy is celebrating their release all day long with challenges in the Sweet 'n Sassy forum on Splitcoaststampers.  I'm hosting a color challenge at noon EST and for my sample, I use this same stamp in a very traditional way!!!

My card recipes are at the very bottom of this post.

The next person on the hop is Cathy McCauley

Click on this badge for full details on all of the fun and all of the challenges with Sweet 'n Sassy!


Other fun details:
  • The full release is available NOW in the Sweet 'n Sassy store.  
  • There is a free stamp set with a $50 purchase!
  • There are SO many prizes this month...I have lost track!!  Definitely comment as you are hopping, because the full release is up for grabs - get your comments in by Friday the 13th at midnight EST.  Taylor is giving away stamps for commenting on her blog and another set on Splitcoaststampers.  There are also prizes up for grabs for playing along with the challenges.  

In case you get lost - here's the list of the the design team:

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Kim Singdahlsen <==You Are Here

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Bridge of Hope
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Blush Blossom, Brushed gold from Michaels
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Versamark
  • Accessories: Spellbinders tag, Fiskars small corner rounder, silver cord and detailed silver embossing ink
  • Challenges: The Play Date Cafe - I almost didn't acknowledge this challenge because the photo of my card looks distinctly copper and pink - but the paper REALLY was Brushed Gold.  Unfortunately, I delivered the card at church this morning, so I do not have it to take another picture!  I still wanted to credit Play Date Cafe, because I was having a total mental block on this card until I saw this color challenge!!

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Dream Big
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: detailed gold embossing powder, Washi Tape by Sweet Bella (I wrapped the edges of my second layer in Washi tape), gold cord


49 comments:

  1. Wonderful creations Kim!! (And I really love your new blog photo too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Absolutely love your card designs! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous, Kim! It doesn't look at all like you were stepping out of your comfort zone on the second one...you are a natural with a CAS style! I am in awe of your talent! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bridge design and love the embossing you did! Your floral card is fabulous :) Love those colors and the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seems my first comment had technical problems...here i am again! ;-)

    i love the embossing with its noblesse!

    both cards are so wonderful!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your cards. The CAS style of the first is so beautiful and I love the embossin g on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Kim. The embossing is such an elegant touch on both. Pretty color combo too. You high-lighted the images so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great embossing on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're embossing is beautiful - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both beautiful!! The sympathy card is wonderful;! They are not the easiest cards to make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. saweet cards Kim!!! love the bright and cheerful 2nd card. I need to pull out my embossing powders.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!

    So pretty! I love the card using the Washi tape! Beautiful and very creative! Wishing you a happy Monday!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! I love the simplicity of your bridge card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL work Kim~I love both of your cards. The second one is FUN FUN FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Classic designs Kim, just absolutely perfect! Comfort zone or not, your second card is amazing!
    Hugs,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Kim the little bridge and river scene is SO pretty, love the sparkly gems! And your second card was well worth the mess LOL ~ beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the simplicity of your bridge card! My dear Gram would have called is "simple elegance". Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful and elegant cards! Love the use of the tape on the second card and the gold embossing.
    So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those little gems of sparkle on the water are sheer genius, yet the card remains pure and simple, which is perfect...the second one is whimsical, bright and beautiful, Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty cards! I like your embossing of the image stamps and that Washi tape you used on the 2nd card. Cool use of that tape on your background layer & on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the cards. I think i took one to copyish. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards, Kim! Love your embossing - it's so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love this one, Kim! The gold embossing is so classy against the playful patterns. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two very different cards. Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two great cards! The first is so simple and peaceful and the second looks awesome with that gold embossing powder. So glad you gave it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are great - I love both of them ... the gold embossing is amazing!
    Thanks, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome cards and such a contrast peaceful and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful artwork, absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your clean and simple designs, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty cards!! I love the simplicty of them, the butterfly poped up on the second is so pretty!!
    Kristan
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very nice cards! I love the sparkles you added on the water in the first card! The embossing was perfect on the second - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your cards are making my stamping withdrawals soooo unbearable! Just love both and my fingers are itching! Oh for some free time! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. The gold embossing on the white just sparkles! Love the sentiment on the sympathy card as well. Very nice of you to share your great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both cards are very beautiful...however, I love the gold one. Its perfect...you need to go outside your comfort zone more often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful cards! Love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful! That bridge reminds me of the bridge my hubby proposed to me on 18 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That Dream Big set was already my favorite of the release, but you just made it more so! And I've been reluctant to start embossing, but I think you may have just sold me on that, too. I do so love a little shimmer in a card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. These cards are different and I like that. I especially liked your butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
  39. YOur cards are unique and I especially liked your butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the cards you made. Oh I would love to be that one lucky person and win that awesome set!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both beautiful cards! Great embossing and love the bling, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I really like your CAS take on the bridge card. You've shown that an image can be just as lovely when it is left uncolored. Your Dream Big card is so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very nice cards! I love the simplicity of them. The addition of the butterfly to match the Washi tape is a good idea and I also like the addition of the rhinestones to the water on the sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!